Online readers at fltimes.com can view COVID-19-related stories for free. You will find a link in the main navigation to point readers to this section. When an event is canceled, that means it won’t be rescheduled. If an event is postponed, we have included a rescheduled date if one has been set. See sports-related information on Page 1B.
Support local journalism. Subscribe today at (315) 789-3351 or fltimes.com.
Here are some local events affected by the worldwide coronavirus pandemic:
• Canceled: All events approved by the city using public resources. City meetings are postponed or will use video conferencing technology. There are no in-person visits allowed to most city facilities. City Hall, Public Works facilities and the ice rink are closed. Staff are available between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. weekdays by phone or email. Assessor: (315) 789-0091 or email@example.com; City Clerk: (315) 789-2603 or firstname.lastname@example.org; City Manager: (315) 789-6104 or email@example.com; Comptroller/Finance: (315) 789-2114 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Development Services: (315) 789-5311 or email@example.com; Engineering/Public Works: (315) 789-3101 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Fire: (315) 789-6305 or email@example.com; Geneva Neighborhood Resource Center: (315) 828-6588 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Personnel: (315) 789-4369 or email@example.com; Police: (315) 828-6771 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Recreation: (315) 789-5005 or email@example.com. Info: cityofgenevany.com.
• For city bill paying, pay online (http://cityofgenevany.com/services/), mail payments to City Hall (47 Castle St., Geneva, NY, 14456) or put payments in the drop box in the entryway of City Hall.
• All Social Security services are available only by phone at 1-866-331-7759. Secure and convenient online services remain available at socialsecurity.gov. Apply for retirement, disability, and Medicare benefits online, check the status of an application or appeal, request a replacement Social Security card (in most areas), print a benefit verification letter, and more. Check the Frequently Asked Questions section at socialsecurity.gov/ask. Staff will call anyone with a scheduled in-office appointment. Telephonic hearings are possible. Staff calls may come from a private number and not from a U.S. government phone.
• Geneva residents and community organizations are helping community members most vulnerable to the mental, physical and financial impacts of COVID-19. Info: Erica Collins at (315) 789-6104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Open: Discount Appliance World, 509 Exchange St., (315) 781-0477. Adjusted hours and interaction.
• Closed: Universal Appliance Rebuilts, 402 Exchange St., (315) 789-2788.
• Canceled: All city Neighborhood Association meetings.
• Closed: Town Hall. Payments and correspondence can be deposited in the box in the parking lot, and the first set of doors to the Town Hall entrance will be open so packages can left in the vestibule. Info: town clerk’s office at (315) 789-3922, or Town Clerk Lorrie Naegele at (315) 719-3282 with time-sensitive issues.
• Postponed: Hobart and William Smith Colleges Commencement ceremonies, May 17.
• Extended: Athena Award for Continuing Education Association scholarship application, until April 15. Info: athenaace.org.
• Projected: Willow Creek Nursery on County Road 6, to open for the season in early April.
• Postponed: The 10th annual Dinner for the Arts at St. Peter’s Community Arts Academy. Rescheduled for Sept. 20. Program will remain the same. Current reservations will be honored. Info: (315) 789-0106 or stpetersarts.org.
• Closed: Geneva Family YMCA. Emergency School Age Childcare is being offered. Info: genevafamilyymca.org/coronavirus-updates.html.
• Postponed: Geneva Public Library Foundation’s spring book sale. The library itself is closed through April 15.
• Postponed: Geneva Reads’ annual Book Fest, scheduled for April, until autumn.
• Canceled: Lake to Lake Quilt Guild’s Hawaiian-style Quilt Show, “Spring Into Color,” April 10-11 at the Geneva Community Center on Carter Road.
• Postponed: Indefinitely, all events, bingo, bocce and cards at the Sons and Daughters of Italy Lodge. The lodge's annual awards dinner has been moved from May 2 to Aug. 22. New officers will be installed either by phone or video on a future date.
• Postponed: Tinsley Ellis concert at Club 86, April 6. Promoter Carmen Mungo said an effort will be made to reschedule his appearance in the fall.
• Closed: Geneva History Museum. Visit genevahistoricalsociety.com or the Facebook page for updates. The “Great Graphics Helped Women Get the Vote” program will be rescheduled.
• Closed: The Linden Exchange Consignment Shop.
• Closed: Belhurst Castle.
• Closed: Billsboro Winery. Web store is operational and UPS delivery available. Info: billsborowinery.com.
• Closed: Main Moon.
• Closed: Mr. Twistee's.
• Closed: Cosentino's Ristorante.
• Closed: Denny's.
• Closed: Monterrey Mexican Restaurant.
• Closed: Gordmans (formerly Peebles).
• Closed: Char Burrito Bar.
• Closed: Bubble Tea.
• Ontario County sheriff's office non-essential staffing is working from home. All essential Law Enforcement, Corrections and 911 staff are working and serving the needs of the public. The lobby and Civil/Records walk up windows are closed. People are encouraged, if they need a police report, accident report or civil question to call the following numbers: Records Division (585) 396-4618; Civil Division (585) 396-4666; Jail Division (585) 396-1800; Evidence Division (585) 396-4624; Email Civil email@example.com; Records firstname.lastname@example.org. The sheriff's department is taking non-emergency, low priority calls over the phone. Calls such as harassing phone calls, identity theft, and others will be handled by a Deputy Sheriff, who will advise people of their options. 911 communications officers are asking all callers specific questions regarding symptoms related to COVID-19. If there is a concern, responding law enforcement, EMS and Fire will be notified to take the necessary precautions.
• The Ontario County Clerk’s Office, 20 Ontario St., has discontinued several services. Services are limited to essential and/or time-sensitive business only. The following in-person services are suspended: all pistol permit transactions, to include applications and amendments, with the only exception (please call first) a change-of-address amendment; passport application acceptance and photos; veteran identification cards; notary renewals (will be accepted by mail only); and doing-business-as-usual filings (will be accepted by mail only). The office will maintain normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, but will be closed to the public from 12:30-1:30 p.m. Call (585) 396-4200 before coming to the office, as many types of requests can be handled by email, fax or mail.
• The city has closed all city facilities to the public and is operating with minimum staffing. All business/transactions must be conducted by email, online or by mail. Place payments, plans, applications, etc. in the drop box on the side entrance of City Hall on West Avenue. Marriage licenses will be issued by appointment only. All other face-to-face meetings are canceled. City parks remain open, but amenities in the parks (playgrounds) may not be sanitized. Solid-waste collection will continue as scheduled. Police and fire operations are normal, although community outreach programs and fire inspections are postponed. Fire Stations and the police department are closed to the public. Parking in front of downtown restaurants and bars is restricted to increase curbside and delivery access.
• Postponed: United Way of Ontario County Day of Caring and Food Drive, May 14. Info: email@example.com.
• Canceled: Finger Lakes Community College Commencement ceremonies, May 16.
• Canceled: Medication take-back event at Wegmans, April 25.
• Canceled: Wild Water Derby, scheduled for the last weekend in April on the Canandaigua Outlet.
• Canceled/Postponed: Fort Hill Performing Arts Center Inc., 20 Fort Hill Ave., through May 10. Tickets are on sale for events scheduled beginning May 16. Donations welcomed. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org, (585) 412-6043 or fhpac.org.
• Closed: Wood Library, 134 N. Main St. All programs, classes and outside meetings through April 15.
• Postponed: Ontario County Ag Appreciation Banquet. Rescheduled for May 8. Info: (585) 394-3977 ext. 427.
• Closed: Roseland Bowl.
• Closed: New York Kitchen.
• Closed: Thai By Night.
• Canceled: Clifton Springs Rotary Club weekly Tuesday meetings, until at least April 28.
• Canceled: Tunes by the Tracks, April 15 (Gerry Timlin). May and beyond are uncertain but will be guided by the overall policy of the Clifton Springs Library, NYS and the federal government. Watch email, social media, and local events calendars for updates.
• Postponed: Performances of Midlakes Theatre Experience’s “Elf: The Musical.”
• Postponed: Clifton Springs Area YMCA Gala for the Gains at the Ramada Inn Geneva Lakefront. Rescheduled for Sept. 19. Reservations will be carried over to the new date. To cancel your reservation, email Todd Freelove at Todd@csaymca.org or call (315) 462-6184. The YMCA is closed.
• Postponed: Clifton Springs Library’s spring book sale. Rescheduled for May 13-16. All library-sponsored programming has been suspended through April 19.
• Closed: Clifton Springs Chamber of Commerce office, to the public.
• Closed: Main Street Arts, 20 W. Main St., and Sulfur Books, 18 E. Main St. See Facebook page for live video soon.
• Postponed: Old Tick’s Saloon fundraiser.
• Postponed: Clifton Springs Rotary Club spaghetti dinner.
• Canceled: Clifton Springs Grange 1042 Easter Egg Hunt.
• Closed: Clifton Springs Library (and its drop box). Info: https://cliftonspringslibrary.com.
• Canceled: Ontario County Public Health’s rabies clinic scheduled at the Gorham town barns. Its next scheduled rabies clinic is 9 a.m. to noon June 13 at the Hydrant Hose Fire Company in Geneva.
• Closed: Gorham Free Library, 2664 Route 245. Info: (585) 526-6555 or gorhamfreelibrary.wordpress.org.
• From the town office: "Out of an abundance of caution and care for our employees and the residents of Phelps, we have decided to shut down all non-essential operations. ... It is essential that we have resources available in the event of an emergency, weather event, or an issue impacting the safety of the residents. Effective immediately, all employees have been asked not to report to work unless there is one of these events. The employees will be on call and available as needed."
• Closed: Phelps Library and STEAM Lab Makerspace. Info: (315) 548-3120 or phelpslibrary.org.
• Closed: Phelps Community Center’s Fitness Center. Membership will be extended by the time period it’s closed. Most classes and scheduled events are postponed. Exceptions: Girls lacrosse registration open, date TBD; Tiny Tots Kickball registration open; daycare open 5:45 a.m. to 6:15 p.m. weekdays. Contact business office by phone/email only: (315) 548-8484 or email@example.com between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday to Friday.
• Closed: The Red Jacket Library. Return library materials only in the Book Drops. Materials may be renewed over the phone. Call (585) 289-3559. For updates, check the library’s website, Facebook page and e-newsletter.
• Closed: Eastview Mall. Visit www.eastviewmall.com for updates.
• Closed: Ganondagan State Historic Site and Seneca Art & Culture Center, 7000 County Road 41. Friends of Ganondagan staff working remotely. All programs and events through April 30 are canceled. Trails are open. Info: Friends of Ganondagan Executive Director Meg Joseph at firstname.lastname@example.org or ganondagan.org.
• Closed: Ginny Lee Café.
• Postponed: South Seneca Middle-High School musical production of "The Addams Family."
• Closed: Ford Memorial Library, Ovid, through April 14. See ovidlibrary.org or Facebook page for updates and available services during closure. Wi-fi will be provided 24/7 outside of the building. Electrical outlets are also available on exterior of building.
• Postponed: The Vineyard Road Auction, 2296 Yerkes Road. Info: (607) 869-9892.
• Seneca County Sheriff Tim Luce has suspended all visitation to the Seneca County Correctional Facility. The sheriff’s office regrets any inconvenience.
• Buttonwood Grove Winery Virtual Happy Hour at 4 p.m. on Fridays. Live feed on Facebook exploring a variety of wines. Tuesday Tours at 2 p.m. provide a free “visit” to the winery: tour the vineyards, the production area, and other behind-the-scenes sites, accompanied by core team members including the owner, winemaker, vineyard team, and marketing director. Guests can follow a live feed on the Facebook page, Buttonwood Grove Winery, or check out the archived video afterward. Order wine online featuring discounted shipping rates and bottle prices. For curbside pickup or free delivery to select local areas, call (607) 869-9760.
• Closed: Kirk-Casey American Legion Post 366. Children's Easter Egg Hunt is canceled. All April Legion, SAL and Auxiliary meetings; and Boys State. The 20-week club dinner is postponed.
• Closed: Chemung Canal Trust Co. branch office teller service.
• Trinity Episcopal Church’s Neighbors’ Dinner Out on April 26 is tentatively scheduled to be take-out.
• Canceled: Seneca Falls Historical Society Easter Egg Hunt. Info: (315) 568-8412 or sfhistoricalsociety.org.
• Postponed: Seneca Falls Historical Society’s annual chicken barbecue, April 11 at Five Star Bank carpark. Info: (315) 568-8412 or sfhistoricalsociety.org.
• Postponed: Seneca County Women’s Coalition dinner honoring Coreen Lowry at Seneca Falls Country Club. Info: Adriene Emmo at (315) 521-3461.
• Postponed: Seneca Falls Community Center Easter Egg Hunt.
• Closed: Seneca Falls Community Center, 35 Water St. Check Facebook page for updates.
• Closed: The Seneca Falls Library, through April 13. Library Wi-Fi service can still be accessed from the library parking lot and cardholders still have access to Hoopla and Overdrive eBook and audiobook services.
• Closed: The Standard Process Health and Fitness Center at New York Chiropractic College. Those on NYCC’s email list are advised to check for updates.
• Closed: Robinette Jewelers.
• Closed: Sinicropi Florists.
• Closed: Red's Place.
• Closed: del Lago Resort & Casino.
• Postponed: The Finger Lakes Beverage Conference activities, April 28-30 at del Lago Resort & Casino. Rescheduled for Sept. 30. Details will be provided later about accompanying activities.
• Postponed: Purple Heart Wall of Honor unveiling, May 30. New date TBD.
• Postponed: Haiti Tea at Waterloo United Methodist Church, April 25. New date TBD.
• Closed: St. Francis and St. Clare Parish office. Staff is working remotely and will review messages left on parish answering machine. In the case of a pastoral emergency, contact Father Jim at (315) 871-6196 or Father Mike at (585) 208-2433. Visit www.sfscrcc.org or the parish’s Facebook page (St. Francis & St. Clare Roman Catholic Parish) to watch daily Mass. The parish’s Tuesday morning free pancake breakfasts are canceled until further notice. Info: (315) 539-8006.
• Seneca County Division of Human Services lobby hours have been adjusted to 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Whenever possible, conduct business over the phone, by mail, or online. Info/applications: (315) 539-1800 or (800) 688-7188. To apply for SNAP, Public Assistance, HEAP, and Medicaid: https://mybenefits.ny.gov/mybenefits/begin To apply for Child Support: childsupport.ny.gov/DCSE/HomePage Child Support Helpline at 1-888-208-4485 or (315) 539-1680 To apply for Child Care Subsidy Assistance: https://ocfs.ny.gov/main/childcare/paying.asp Child Care Subsidy information and applications are also available and can be mailed through U.S. mail or email. Info: (315) 539-1905. Child Care resources: Referral hotline 1-800-881-5786 or email@example.com
• Child Protective Services, Preventive Services, Foster Care/Adoption Services or Adult Protective Services: Director of Services Mae Major at (315) 539-1867 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Statewide Reporting for Child Abuse toll-free hotline: 1-800-342-3720. Workforce Development and Youth Bureau: (315) 539-1905. Personal Care Services/Consumer Directed Services: Mary Sawall at (315) 539-1885 or email email@example.com To apply for Public Defender applications between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday-Wednesday: (315) 539-1804 or (315) 651-5266. Workforce Development Career Center is closed indefinitely. Resources can be mailed. Staff are available to answer questions as needed, through the mail, by phone, or online. Job leads will be posted weekly on the Seneca County website. To submit paperwork, mail to 1 DiPronio Drive, PO Box 690, Waterloo, NY 13146; Email firstname.lastname@example.org; fax to (315) 539-4251; or place in a drop box either at the DMV entrance on south side of the building or by the employee entrance on the north side of the building. After submission of paperwork, a staff member will contact you by phone to process applications. Telephone interviews will be conducted for all public benefit programs and screenings/assessments related to applications for benefits.
• Closed: Cornell Cooperative Extension of Seneca County offices are closed until April 20. Staff are working remotely from their homes and available by email or telephone through (315) 539-9251. All in-person meetings and programs are postponed or canceled until April 20. All 4-H Club meetings and events are postponed/canceled even if they are held outside of the office. has postponed or canceled all in-person meetings and programs until April 20.
• Closed: Sunset Bowl (Border City).
• The First Presbyterian Church of Waterloo is continuing its Sunday services via its website. Visit www.waterloopresbyterian.com and select videos and the date you wish to watch.
• Canceled: Worship services at all churches. The organist at United Methodist Church will play, using the church's outdoor chimes, from 10-10:15 a.m. on Sundays.
• Closed: Clyde-Savannah Public Library, 204 Glasgow St. Info: (315) 923-7767.
• Closed: Clyde Grange, 16 E. Genesee St.
• Closed: The Museum of Wayne County History, 21 Butternut St. All scheduled programming is postponed. Info: waynehistory.org.
• Canceled: The First Presbyterian Church of Lyons’ worship services and choir rehearsals.
• Canceled: Remaining Lyons Council of Churches Soup and Sharing events.
• There is limited access to Assemblyman Brian Manktelow’s district office in Lyons. Call or email ahead of time: email@example.com or (315) 946-5166.
• Rochester Regional Health has extended enhanced visitor restrictions and visitor screenings to all RRH facilities, including all RRH hospitals and long-term care facilities within and outside of Monroe County, including Newark-Wayne Community Hospital. Access is limited to designated entrances only, and visitors will be screened at arrival on whether they are experiencing a cough, fever or shortness of breath. Patients with a previously scheduled hospital appointment who exhibit symptoms will be provided a mask and asked to notify the department their appointment is with prior to entering. Visitors with symptoms will be asked to leave the hospital/facility and advised to call their primary care provider. Visitors with symptoms who are requesting to see end-of-life patients will be provided a mask and allowed to see their family member/friend. No visitors will be permitted to visit Rochester Regional Health’s skilled nursing facilities. All RRH volunteer programs are on hold. Info: rochesterregional.org/coronavirus-covid19.
• Anyone in need of child care can contact Child Care Council Inc., a nonprofit that connects families with quality child care, for a free referral to a child care program. Info: (315) 331-5443.
• Postponed: Peter Pan Picture Day at the Studio for the Performing Arts, 1500 Welcher Road, Newark; as of now, the Recital Picture, April 22, remains as scheduled. Info: (315) 331-9158.
• Postponed: Newark-Arcadia Historical Society’s Winter Lecture Series. “The Lives of Maggie & Katie Fox” by Tracy Murphy. The museum at 120 High St. is closed. Info: newarkarcadiamuseum.org, on Facebook or (315) 331-6409.
• Postponed: Family Promise of Wayne County's Bed Bash Event in Newark Central Park, May 9. Info: (315) 447-0276.
• Closed: Newark Public Library, 121 High St. Info: (315) 331-4370 or newarklibrary.org.
• Canceled: Newark First United Methodist Church, 301 S. Main St., The Caring and Sharing support group on Thursdays. Info: (315) 331-3895 or newarkfirstumc.org.
• Historic Palmyra Museums, 132 Market St., are closed. Info: (315) 597-6981 or historicpalmyrany.com.
• Closed: Rose Free Library, 4069 Main St. Info: (315) 587-2335.
• Closed: Montezuma Audubon Center. All meetings and programs are canceled. Trails remain open daily from dawn to dusk with appropriate measures to protect the health of visitors. Postponed: Onondaga Lake Conservation Corps Photography Exhibit in Syracuse. Updates: https://ny.audubon.org/montezuma or (315) 365-3588, ext. 200.
• Canceled: All scheduled Sodus Council of Churches Lenten breakfasts, Lenten bible studies, and Lenten lunches.
• Canceled: Sodus Bay Sportsman’s Club events (including breakfasts/dinners), until May 1.
• Reliant Credit Union offering drive-through service only. Lobbies in all branches are closed. Drive-thru at all traditional branches will be open extended hours, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. In-store branches (within Walmart Supercenter stores) are closed. To schedule in-person appointments, call (800) 724-9282. To set up online or mobile banking, call a Member Service Center representative between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Info: reliantcu.com.
• Closed: Sodus Library. Info: (315) 483-9292.
• Village offices remain open. Counters and door handles sanitized frequently each day. Info: (315) 483-9881 or email Dave McDowell at firstname.lastname@example.org; Tracy Durham at email@example.com; Melanie Debadts at firstname.lastname@example.org; and Kevin Druschel at CEO@soduspoint.info.
• Community Easter Egg Hunt concerted to a Drive-Through Grab-n-Go event, 11 a.m. on Saturday, April 11 at Sodus Bay Sportsmen's Club,7812 Margaretta Road. Curbside good bag from the Easter Bunny (while suppplies last). Three golden tickets for a special prize. Remain in vehicle.
• Postponed: The Windmill Farm and Craft Market's opening date has been delayed until Memorial Day weekend. Info: www.facebook.com/thewindmillfarmandcraftmarket/.
• Closed: Esperanza Mansion.
• Postponed: Keuka College Commencement ceremonies, May 16.
• Canceled: Middlesex Fire Department Roast Beef Dinner, scheduled for April 25.
• Closed: Yates County Office Building, to the general public. All departments, except for Historian’s office, remain open, by appointment only. Call ahead. For numbers, go to yatescounty.org. Make deliveries at the Courthouse foyer.
• Yates County Chamber of Commerce staffers are working from home until at least April 13. Voicemail will be checked regularly at (315) 260-0034. Email Information Specialist Jay Vollmer at email@example.com; Director of Member Services Jody Tyler at firstname.lastname@example.org; Director of Marketing Chelsea Guererri at email@example.com; or President & CEO Jessica Bacher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Closed: Our Lady of the Lakes Roman Catholic Parish Center, 210 Keuka St.
• Closed: The Yates History Center, 107 Chapel St. March events will be rescheduled.
• Canceled: Yates County Democratic Committee information sessions.
• Sheriff Ron Spike has suspended all visitations to the Yates County Jail. Jail contact visitation is normally scheduled for Saturdays and Tuesdays. Staff is working on other alternatives, including video visitations.
• Canceled: Penn Yan Public Library programs for March. Library's high-speed WiFi remains free and available for public use, although patrons are cautioned to exercise proper social distancing when outside the library. Info: pypl.org or (315) 536-6114.
• Canceled: Yates Office for the Aging Powerful Tools for Caregivers series, which was set to begin April 13.
• Closed: Pro Action of Steuben and Yates Inc. offices and agency locations. Exception: Women, Infants and Children Clinics, on regular schedule. Services available by phone or electronically. In-person appointments can be arranged as needed by calling General Services at (607) 776-2125; Child Care Aware of Steuben & Schuyler at (607) 776-2126; Women, Infants and Children at (607) 776-1151, ext. 220; and Yates County Office for the Aging at (315) 536-5515.
• Zoom, a teleconferencing solution, is providing free services to teachers. Students or teachers who fill out an online form using their school email addresses and are then verified by Zoom, will have any accounts associated with that school’s domain gain unlimited temporary meeting minutes. Info: https://bit.ly/2vy1E5J.
• Canceled: All AARP Smart Drivers Courses until after June 1.
• Suspended: AAA WCNY’s defensive driving/driver improvement program and 5-hour pre-licensing classes. Look for online driver education courses at nyaaa.com.
• Regional Transit Service will shift to a Dial-A-Ride service, beginning April 6. To schedule a ride or find our more, call (585) 394-2250 in Ontario County, (315) 539-1844 in Seneca County, or (315) 946-5617 in Wayne County. Info: https://www.myrts.com.
• Canceled: Dig Safely New York’s remaining Excavator Safety seminars and educational events. What can be rescheduled will be. Info: (315) 437-7394, ext. 4008.
• Ontario & Trumansburg Telephone Cos. is providing free internet and expedited installation to households with K-12 and/or college students, for two months. There are no contracts required. This is for new customers only. Info: http://ottctel.com/.
• Community Bank N.A. has closed all branch lobbies and is operating solely through available drive-throughs. Branches without drive-through capabilities will close temporarily. All branch lobbies will be available by appointment only. Lobby appointments can be made by calling the branch or e-mailing email@example.com. ATMs and secure night depositories remain available. Additionally, Community Bank offers online, mobile and phone banking options. Call Customer Service between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday to Friday at 1-866-764-8638. Apply to open a personal deposit account or apply for a personal loan online at cbna.com.
• Early Shopping Hours: Retailers are being urged to provide a dedicated hour of shopping for seniors and other vulnerable people, such as pregnant women. Dollar General stores are dedicating the first hour to at-risk customers and closing an hour early so staff can restock and sanitize surfaces. Info: dollargeneral.com. Bostrom Farms is opening at 8 a.m. Tuesday to Saturday to
• Postponed: Red Cross public events, including the Finger Lakes Chapter Real Heroes Breakfast in Corning, and the Military Family Salute and Reconnection Brunch in Rochester. The Red Cross is facing a severe blood shortage. Healthy, eligible individuals are urged to make an appointment to donate as soon as possible by using the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting redcrossblood.org, or calling 1-800-REDCROSS.
• Canceled: Boomers of the Finger Lakes, all meetings/gatherings. Info: meetup.com/boomers-of-the-finger-lakes or call Kathy at (585) 398-3542.
• Finger Lakes Wine Country, the destination brand for the five-county region of Chemung, Schuyler, Steuben, Tioga and Yates counties and the three wine trails of Cayuga, Seneca and Keuka lakes, has stated that purchases may be made online. Many wineries are launching special shipping deals. Info: fingerlakeswinecountry.com.
• Paused: Tickets sales for Seneca Lake Wine Trail’s Spring Wine & Cheese, April 17-19. A decision will be made later this spring regarding Flights and Bites, May 2, and Smokin’ Summer Kickoff, June 12-14.
• All winery tasting rooms must close, per state restrictions. Wineries may still sell and ship wine, or offer it as “take-out.” Some are offering delivery, within reason. Contact your favorite winery for details.
• Empire Access is offering two months of free internet service to families with students who do not currently have internet at home. Households with K-12 and/or college students can sign up for two months of free Empire Access Internet service with Wi-Fi. There are no contracts required for this service, and installation is free. To sign up, families can call (844) 502-7089. The Empire Access call center is open 24/7. This service includes Empire Access standard Internet speeds and is available only in existing Empire Access service areas, which include Canandaigua, Geneva, Hammondsport, Naples, Penn Yan and Watkins Glen. After two months of free service, standard rates will apply. Info: empireaccess.com.
• Change: CountryMax stores are open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Saturday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays at the Palmyra, Seneca Falls, Victor and Macedon locations. At-home delivery or “buy online, pickup in-store” options available at countrymax.com.
• Closed: Access to CFCU Community Credit Union branch lobbies. Drive-through and call center hours will be 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays and 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays. Drive-through services extended to include loan and credit card payments, official checks, and instant issues of lost, stolen or new credit and debit cards.
• Canceled: All AARP Smart Driving courses through at least June 1.
NEW YORK STATE
• Postponed: All village and school board elections, until June 1.
• Workers’ Comp Board locations are closed. The Board will conduct workers’ compensation hearings remotely, using the Board’s Virtual Hearings service. Virtual Hearings allow injured workers, attorneys/representatives, witnesses and other participants to attend workers’ compensation hearings remotely using a computer or mobile device. For the very small number of hearings that are not held using Virtual Hearings (discrimination cases under WCL § 120), the Board will contact the participants regarding further proceedings. Info: www.wcb.ny.gov/virtual-hearings/. Injured workers can also choose to appear by phone by calling (844) 337-6301. For unrepresented injured workers unable to participate in a hearing, it will be rescheduled. Info: (877) 632-4996.
• Closed: All state Department of Motor Vehicles offices. All in-person reservations, road tests, and salvage vehicle appointments are canceled. All DMV-related transactions should be completed online. Info: dmv.ny.gov.
• Postponed: New York State Department of Environmental Conservation examinations to practice the sport of falconry, become a wildlife rehabilitator, or use leashed tracking dogs to find wounded or injured big game animals. Rescheduled for Aug. 14 at DEC regional offices. Email SpecialLicenses@dec.ny.gov to find out more.
• Closed: AAA Western and Central New York AAA Travel & Insurance Centers to walk-in traffic. This does not impact emergency road service, which will continue to service the public with safety protocols in place. Info: (800) 836-2582 or AAA.com.
• Schweinfurth Art Center, 205 Genesee St. Mid-April exhibit Both Ends of the Rainbow is canceled. Programs and classes through May 1 are postponed or canceled. Registrations being accepted for summer art camp, workshops, and adult classes. Relevant refunds will be given. Scheduled: Made in NY Exhibit and May Studio Schweinfurth workshops: Mixed Media Encaustic May 1-3 and the Spring Fiber Retreat May 22-24, as well as the Quilting by the Lake program in July. Info/membership: firstname.lastname@example.org; Quilting by the Lake: email@example.com; Adults classes/Studio Schweinfurth: firstname.lastname@example.org; Youth Classes: email@example.com; and Marketing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Info: myartcenter.org.
• Closed: Cayuga Community College campuses; distance learning in place.
• Closed: Auburn Public Theater, 8 Exchange St., through April 13.
• Closed: The Ward W. O’Hara Agricultural & Country Living Museum /Dr. Joseph F. Karpinski Sr. Educational Center, 6880 Route 38A. Info: (315) 252-7644 or wardwoharaagriculturalmuseum.org.
• Closed: Finger Lakes National Forest office. Info: (607) 546-4470 or www.fs.usda.gov/main/gmfl/home.
• Closed: Schuyler County Office for the Aging. Info: (607) 535-7108 or email@example.com.
• Canceled: Catholic Charities of Chemung/Schuyler's annual fundraising gala. Info: (607) 535-2050, ext. 209 (Schuyler County).
• Closed: The Paleontological Research Institution’s Museum of the Earth and the Cayuga Nature Center. Cayuga Nature Center trails will be open during normal hours, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday to Monday. The trails at Smith Woods in Trumansburg also will remain open. Info: priweb.org.
• Postponed: Cornell University’s Department of Music concert featuring A.D. White Professor-at-Large Wynton Marsalis. It will be rescheduled for the fall semester.
• Canceled: Cayuga Chamber Orchestra performance, April 19. All ticket holders may exchange tickets for a later performance this season, or a voucher for a ticket to any subscription concert in the 2020-21 season. The May 3 concert at First Baptist Church has been postponed. It will be rescheduled on a summer date. Info: Cayuga Chamber Orchestra at (607) 273-8981 or info@CCOithaca.org.
• Postponed: All live events at the Hangar Theatre in Ithaca, for the remainder of March. Ticket holders will be notified of rescheduled dates as they are confirmed, and tickets purchased will be honored for the new event dates. Check hangartheatre.org for updates or call the Hangar at (607) 273-8588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For information regarding tickets to DSP Shows, email email@example.com or call (607) 280-2900.
• Postponed: All performances through April at State Theatre of Ithaca Inc., 107 W. State St. Shows may be rescheduled, if possible. If you are not able to make the rescheduled event, full refunds will then be provided. It may take at least a week for all refunds to be processed. Info: (607) 277-8283. To purchase a gift card, prepay for concessions or donate: stateofithaca.com.
• Visitor restrictions are in place at Cayuga Medical Center’s hospital and offsite facilities. All patients, visitors, and employees entering the building will be screened. One visitor will be allowed per inpatient to be the only daily visitor allowed for the duration of the patient’s stay. Those who are sick will not be allowed entry. Cayuga Medical Center will work with families who have special circumstances on a case-by-case basis. The Garden Café, Express Cafe, and East Campus Café are closed to the general public.
• Canceled: Kitchen Theatre Company performances of “Catch As Catch Can.” Ticket holders will automatically receive a credit. Proceeds from all ticket donations will support Kitchen Theatre programs and artists, including those affected by the show’s cancellation. Those requesting refunds will get them. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or (607) 272-0570. Updates: kitchentheatre.org.
• Closed: Ithaca Children’s Garden, and all educational programs through April 12 are canceled. Info: ithacachildrensgarden.org.
• Closed: Downtown Ithaca Alliance office. Calling (607) 277-8679 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays or email email@example.com.
• Volunteers are needed for a procedural mask production site for Schuyler Hospital. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or (607) 535-7121.
• Canceled: The Genesee Country Village & Museum’s Maple Soiree. Ticket holders may receive a refund, a credit toward membership or future programming/admission, or donate the funds to the museum. Museum closed until at least May 9. Info: ProgramRegistrar@gcv.org, (585) 294-8218 or gcv.org.
• Postponed: Maple Sugaring at the Cumming Nature Center. Rescheduled Maple Sugaring weekends will be 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 2-3, May 9-10, and May 16. The Center remains open to the public during regularly scheduled hours with limited indoor access for visitors. Info: https://rmsc.org.
• Canceled: All remaining Nazareth College Arts Center events: Calidore String Quartet (April 4), The Magic School Bus: Lost in the Solar System (May 2), and Rochester City Ballet: The Ugly Duckling (May 16-17); Theatre and Dance Department performances, including Chaplin (April 16-19); Art and Design Department Gallery Exhibitions; and all School of Music concerts and recitals. Arts Center's 2020-21 season announcement postponed. Box Office in-person and phone transactions suspended. Info: email@example.com or (585) 389-2172.
• Postponed: CGI Rochester International Jazz Festival, June 17-29. Organizers hope to reschedule for the fall.
• The Diocese of Rochester has suspended all public Masses. For further updates: dor.org or (585) 328-3210.
• Closed: Rochester Museum and Science Center. Postponed: Vanishing Sun, Impressions of the Infinite Concerts at the Strasemburgh Planetarium.
• Canceled: Rochester Broadway Theatre League performances of “Hello, Dolly!” Walkup service at the Box Office is temporarily suspended. Info: (585) 222-5000 between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday to Friday. Tickets may still be purchased through Ticketmaster.com.
• Closed: George Eastman House.
• Canceled: Geva Theatre Center’s remaining performances of “Once” and “Cry It Out.” Ticket holders may receive access to videos of these productions. (Details available soon); receive a credit toward a future production at Geva in the current season, toward a 2020-2021 Season Subscription, or toward single tickets when they become available; or they may donate the value of their ticket(s) as a tax-deductible contribution. Geva will continue to pay its artists and staff. The Box Office will contact ticket holders in the coming days. The 2020-21 season announcement has been postponed. Info: GevaTheatre.org.
• Canceled: All concerts, meetings and classes at the Hochstein School, 50 N. Plymouth Ave. Info: hochstein.org and on Facebook.
• Canceled: The remainder of the Rochester Oratorio Society's 2019-20 season.
• Postponed: Syracuse University Commencement ceremonies, May 10.
• Postponed: Alfred State College Commencement ceremonies, May 16.