When an event is canceled, that means it won’t be rescheduled. If an event is postponed, the original date is listed immediately after the event. If there is no date, the original date has passed. A new date is included if known.
Support local journalism. Subscribe today at (315) 789-3351 or fltimes.com.
Here are some local events affected by the worldwide coronavirus pandemic:
• Postponed: The 10th annual Dinner for the Arts at St. Peter’s Community Arts Academy. Rescheduled for April 11, 2021. Info: (315) 789-0106 or stpetersarts.org.
• Postponed: Indefinitely, bingo and bocce at Order Sons and Daughters of Italy in America, Geneva Lodge 2397.
• Postponed: Indefinitely, all Geneva Senior Citizens meetings. Info: Virginia Shoemaker, (315) 759-6060.
• Postponed: The final Hill Cumorah Pageant. Rescheduled for July 8-10 and 13-17, 2021.
• Postponed: Seneca County Women’s Coalition dinner honoring Coreen Lowry at Seneca Falls Country Club. Rescheduled for March 13, 2021. Info: Adriene Emmo at (315) 521-3461.
• Postponed: The Finger Lakes Beverage Conference activities at del Lago Resort & Casino. Rescheduled for Sept. 30. Details will be provided later about accompanying activities.
• Canceled: Humane Society of Wayne County’s White Elephant Sale, Oct. 17. The organization’s annual pasta dinner scheduled for Oct. 17 will be takeout only. Info: (315) 946-3389, email@example.com, www.hswaynepets.org, and www.facebook.com/hswaynecounty/.
• Canceled: Palmyra Canaltown Days, Sept. 26-27.
• Canceled: Harvest Fest, Sept. 26. Info: (315) 576-3818.
• Canceled: Sodus Chamber of Commerce Career Day, Oct. 21. In its place will be a “Paper” Career Day. Letters will be emailed to area businesses requesting information about the business, starting salary, job requirements etc. The Chamber has purchased 300 tote bags to be given to each student in the high school with the responses. To encourage the students to read through the material, there will be raffle drawings for each grade. Any business that did not receive an invitation but would like to participate, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (315) 576-3818.
• Canceled: Friends of the Sodus Library hardcover book sale, November. Books in good condition will continue to be accepted at this time, but no periodicals, Reader’s Digests, magazines, or encyclopedias will be accepted. Due to the suspension of meetings, the board agreed the November annual meeting would not be held and all current officers will remain in office for one more year. The board will meet as needed or conduct Zoom or email votes. Info: (315) 483-9292.
• Canceled: The Sodus Point Fire Department’s Pot of Gold steak dinner, Sept. 26. All tickets purchased for this year’s dinner will be honored in 2021. Info: Tim Jones, (315) 576-6651.
NEW YORK STATE
• There has been confusion related to Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s announcement concerning statewide testing being free and open to all New York state residents. Indeed, if you go to a New York state testing site, it is free and anyone can get tested. If you go to any other site that is not state-run, you must follow the requirements of the specific organization, hospital, company, etc., set forth as far as testing. There are certain criteria. Right now, the closest state-run testing site in the area is Monroe Community College. If any individual wants to get tested, they can do so at this site for free.
• Postponed: Tour de Cure. Rescheduled for Oct. 3.
• Canceled: CGI Rochester International Jazz Festival, Oct. 2-10. The next festival is scheduled for June 18-26, 2021. Info: rochesterjazz.com.