Online readers at fltimes.com can view COVID-19-related stories for free. You will find a link in the main navigation to point readers to this section.
When an event is canceled, that means it won’t be rescheduled. If an event is postponed, the original date is listed immediately after the event. If there is no date, the original date has passed. A new date is included if known.
Support local journalism. Subscribe today at (315) 789-3351 or fltimes.com.
Here are some local events affected by the worldwide coronavirus pandemic:
• All events approved by the city using public resources are canceled. City meetings are postponed or will use video conferencing technology. There are no in-person visits allowed to most city facilities. City Hall, Public Works facilities and the ice rink are closed. All city Neighborhood Association meetings are canceled. Staff are available between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. weekdays by phone or email. Assessor: (315) 789-0091 or firstname.lastname@example.org; City Clerk: (315) 789-2603 or email@example.com; City Manager: (315) 789-6104 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Comptroller/Finance: (315) 789-2114 or email@example.com; Development Services: (315) 789-5311 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Engineering/Public Works: (315) 789-3101 or email@example.com; Fire: (315) 789-6305 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Geneva Neighborhood Resource Center: (315) 828-6588 or email@example.com; Personnel: (315) 789-4369 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Police: (315) 828-6771 or email@example.com; Recreation: (315) 789-5005 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For city bill paying, pay online (http://cityofgenevany.com/services/), mail payments to City Hall (47 Castle St., Geneva, NY, 14456) or put payments in the drop box in the entryway of City Hall. Geneva residents and community organizations are helping community members most vulnerable to the mental, physical and financial impacts of COVID-19. For more, contact Erica Collins at (315) 789-6104 or email@example.com.
• Town Hall is closed. Payments and correspondence can be deposited in the box in the parking lot, and the first set of doors to the Town Hall entrance will be open so packages can be left in the vestibule. Info: town clerk’s office at (315) 789-3922, or Town Clerk Lorrie Naegele at (315) 719-3282 with time-sensitive issues.
• All Social Security services are available only by phone at 1-866-331-7759. Secure and convenient online services remain available at socialsecurity.gov. Apply for retirement, disability, and Medicare benefits online, check the status of an application or appeal, request a replacement Social Security card (in most areas), print a benefit verification letter, and more. Check the Frequently Asked Questions section at socialsecurity.gov/ask. Staff will call anyone with a scheduled in-office appointment. Telephonic hearings are possible. Staff calls may come from a private number and not from a U.S. government phone.
• Relay For Life of Geneva is scheduled for June 6. This year's event will not be an in-person affair. Instead, it will be held in a virtual format. Info: www.facebook.com/RFLGenevaNY/.
• The Village Store is open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Saturday.
• Geneva Printing is open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays. Phone and online orders are being accepted. No walk-ins are permitted. Info: (315) 789-8191.
• AutoWash is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Vacuums are unavailable at this time. Info: (585) 412-6310.
• Discount Appliance World is open, with adjusted hours and interaction. Info: (315) 781-0477.
• Midas Auto Repair Shop is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays. For drop-off details, call owner Brian DeLucia at (315) 789-0156.
• Postponed: Geneva Scholarship Associates annual Donors' Reception, June 8.
• Postponed: DSP Shows-David Crosby and the Sky Trails Band concert at the Smith Opera House, June 16. May be rescheduled for 2021. Info: thesmith.org.
• Postponed: The 10th annual Dinner for the Arts at St. Peter’s Community Arts Academy. Rescheduled for Sept. 20. Program will remain the same. Current reservations will be honored. Info: (315) 789-0106 or stpetersarts.org.
• Postponed: Geneva Reads’ annual Book Fest. Rescheduled for the fall.
• Postponed: Hobart and William Smith Colleges Commencement ceremony.
• Postponed: Indefinitely, all events, bingo, bocce and cards at Order Sons and Daughters of Italy in America, Geneva Lodge 2397. The lodge’s annual awards dinner is rescheduled for Aug. 22. In addition, the lodge is offering fish dinners from 4:30-7:30 p.m. Fridays. The prices are $12 for a strip steak dinner, $11 for a haddock or shrimp dinner, $9 for a chicken breast dinner, or $8 for a fish sandwich meal.
• Postponed: Indefinitely, all Geneva Senior Citizens meetings. Info: Virginia Shoemaker, (315) 759-6060.
• Canceled: St. Francis-St. Stephen’s Old Time Family Fun Festival, June 5-6.
• Canceled: Rosé Soirée on Linden, June 6.
• Canceled: Cruisin’ Night & Block Party, July 24. Next year’s event is July 23, 2021. Info: genevanybid.com/cruisin-night-block-party.
• Closed: Geneva Public Library.
• Closed: Geneva Family YMCA. Emergency School Age Childcare is being offered. Info: genevafamilyymca.org/coronavirus-updates.html.
• Closed: Geneva History Museum. Visit genevahistoricalsociety.com or the Facebook page for updates. The “Great Graphics Helped Women Get the Vote” program will be rescheduled.
• Closed: Belhurst Castle restaurants; lodging is open by reservation only. Info: (315) 781-0201.
• Ontario County sheriff’s office non-essential staffing is working from home. All essential law enforcement, corrections and 911 staff are working and serving the needs of the public. The lobby and Civil/Records walk-up windows are closed. People are encouraged, if they need a police report, accident report or civil question, to contact the Records Division at (585) 396-4618 or firstname.lastname@example.org, the Civil Division at (585) 396-4666 or email@example.com, the Jail Division at (585) 396-1800, or the Evidence Division at (585) 396-4624. The sheriff’s department is answering non-emergency, low-priority phone calls. Matters such as harassing phone calls, identity theft, and others will be handled by a deputy sheriff who will advise people of their options.
• The Ontario County clerk’s office services are limited to essential and/or time-sensitive business only. The following in-person services are suspended: all pistol permit transactions, to include applications and amendments, with the only exception (please call first) a change-of-address amendment; passport application acceptance and photos; veteran identification cards; notary renewals (will be accepted by mail only); and doing-business-as-usual filings (will be accepted by mail only). The office will maintain normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, but will be closed to the public from 12:30-1:30 p.m. Call (585) 396-4200 before coming to the office, as many types of requests can be handled by email, fax or mail.
• The city has reopened tennis courts at Baker Park, the Canandaigua Canine Campus, pickleball courts at Sonnenberg Park, and the skate park at Jefferson Park. Basketball courts and playgrounds will remain closed. All other city facilities are closed to the public and operating with minimum staffing. All business transactions must be conducted by email, online or by mail.
• AutoWash is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Vacuums are unavailable at this time. Info: (585) 412-6310.
• Postponed: Ontario County household hazardous waste collection. Rescheduled for 7 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. June 20. Info: (585) 394-3977, ext. 427, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Postponed: Canandaigua Chamber of Commerce Business Inspiration Awards luncheon, June 26.
• Postponed: Finger Lakes Community College Commencement ceremony.
• Postponed: United Way of Ontario County Day of Caring and food drive. Info: email@example.com.
• Canceled: Constellation Brands-Marvin Sands Performing Arts Center’s 2020 summer concert schedule. Info: www.cmacevents.com.
• Canceled: Child Advocacy Center of the Finger Lakes Gala, June 5. The organization will conduct its inaugural Shine Bright for Children Virtual Action June 1-5 in place of the gala. Info: cacfingerlakes.org/gala.
• Canceled: Tour de Thompson bicycle ride through the Bristol hills, beginning and ending at Onanda Park, July 25. Info: www.ThompsonHealth.com.
• Closed: Wood Library.
• The Clifton Springs Rotary Club is conducting online Zoom meetings at noon on Tuesdays.
• Postponed: Clifton Springs Area YMCA Gala for the Gains at the Ramada Inn Geneva Lakefront. Rescheduled for Sept. 19. Reservations will be carried over to the new date. To cancel your reservation, email Todd Freelove at Todd@csaymca.org or call (315) 462-6184. Registration is open for the YMCA summer camp June 29 to Sept. 4 at John Brown Memorial Park. Sign-up: csaymca.org or (315) 462-6184. The YMCA is closed.
• Canceled: Sulphur Springs Festival, June 5-6.
• Closed: Clifton Springs Chamber of Commerce office.
• Closed: Main Street Arts and Sulfur Books.
• Closed: Clifton Springs Library (and its drop box). Info: https://cliftonspringslibrary.com.
• Closed: 1816 Farmington Quaker Meetinghouse. An attempt will be made to reschedule the “Struggle for Women’s Suffrage Politics and Race” 2020 Speaker Series. Info: www.farmingtonmeetinghouse.org.
• Closed: Gorham Free Library. Info: (585) 526-6555 or gorhamfreelibrary.wordpress.org.
• Ontario County Public Health’s next rabies clinic is scheduled for 9 a.m. to noon June 13 at the health department.
• Canceled: Ontario County Fair, July 21-25.
• Postponed: Hill Cumorah Pageant, July 9-11 and 14-18. Rescheduled for July 8-10 and 13-17, 2021.
• Closed: Cumming Nature Center. Info: https://rmsc.org.
• Closed: All town departments. To make an appointment with the town supervisor, town clerk, bookkeeper or water department, call (315) 548-5691, exts. 302, 300, 301 and 309. To make other appointments, call (315) 548-2973 for the assessor, (315) 548-2971 for zoning/code enforcement, and (315) 548-4043 for the highway department. Face masks must be worn at all appointments.
• Closed: Phelps Library and STEAM Lab Makerspace. Info: (315) 548-3120 or phelpslibrary.org.
• Closed: Phelps Community Center’s Fitness Center. Info: (315) 548-8484 or firstname.lastname@example.org between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. weekdays.
• Canceled: Shortsville Carnival and fireman's parade, June 18-20.
• Closed: Red Jacket Library. Info: (585) 289-3559.
• Closed: Eastview Mall. Info: www.eastviewmall.com.
• Closed: Ganondagan State Historic Site and Seneca Art & Culture Center. Trails are open. The Indigenous Music & Arts Festival (July 25-26) is canceled. The Hodinöhsöni’ Art Show is postponed until Oct. 10-11. Info: Friends of Ganondagan Executive Director Meg Joseph at email@example.com or ganondagan.org.
• Canceled: Strawberry Festival, June 20.
• Closed: Ford Memorial Library. See ovidlibrary.org or Facebook page for updates and available services during closure. WiFi will be provided 24/7 outside of the building. Electrical outlets are also available on exterior of building.
• Suspended: All visitation to the Seneca County Correctional Facility.
• Robinette Jewelers is open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday for in-store pickup and drop-offs. Watch batteries and repairs may be dropped off with contact information. Info: (315) 568-6222.
• Sinicropi Florist & Gift Shop is open 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily. Only online and phone orders will be accepted. No-contact deliveries or curbside pickup available. Info: (315) 568-6345 and sinicropiflorist.com.
• The Eisenhower College Alumni Association has extended its entry deadline for this year’s scholarship essay contest until Aug. 1. The board of directors will accept essays and media-appropriate subjects that attempt to answer this year’s question. Any high school senior can apply at www.eisenhowercollege.org.
• Postponed: Seneca County Women’s Coalition dinner honoring Coreen Lowry at Seneca Falls Country Club. Info: Adriene Emmo at (315) 521-3461.
• Closed: Kirk-Casey American Legion Post 366.
• Closed: Chemung Canal Trust Co. branch office teller service.
• Closed: Seneca Falls Community Center. Check their Facebook page for updates.
• Closed: The Seneca Falls Library. Library WiFi service can still be accessed from the library parking lot and cardholders still have access to Hoopla and Overdrive eBook and audiobook services.
• Closed: The Standard Process Health and Fitness Center at New York Chiropractic College. Those on NYCC’s email list are advised to check for updates.
• Postponed: The Finger Lakes Beverage Conference activities at del Lago Resort & Casino. Rescheduled for Sept. 30. Details will be provided later about accompanying activities.
• Closed: del Lago Resort & Casino.
• Seneca County Division of Human Services lobby hours have been adjusted to 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Whenever possible, conduct business over the phone, by mail, or online. Info/applications: (315) 539-1800 or (800) 688-7188. To apply for SNAP, Public Assistance, HEAP, and Medicaid, visit https://mybenefits.ny.gov/mybenefits/begin. To apply for child support, visit childsupport.ny.gov/DCSE/HomePage. Or, call the child support help line at 1-888-208-4485 or (315) 539-1680. To apply for childcare subsidy assistance, visit https://ocfs.ny.gov/main/childcare/paying.asp. Childcare subsidy information and applications also are available and can be mailed through traditional mail or emailed. Info: (315) 539-1905. The childcare resources referral hotline is 1-800-881-5786, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For Child Protective Services, Preventive Services, Foster Care/Adoption Services or Adult Protective Services, contact Director of Services Mae Major at (315) 539-1867 or email@example.com. The statewide hotline to report child abuse is 1-800-342-3720. For Workforce Development and Youth Bureau, call (315) 539-1905. For Personal Care Services/Consumer Directed Services, contact Mary Sawall at (315) 539-1885 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply for Public Defender applications between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, call (315) 539-1804 or (315) 651-5266. The Workforce Development Career Center is closed indefinitely. Resources can be mailed. Staffers are available to answer questions as needed: through the mail, by phone, or online. Job leads will be posted weekly on the Seneca County website. To submit paperwork, mail to 1 DiPronio Drive, P.O. Box 690, Waterloo, NY 13165, email email@example.com, fax to (315) 539-4251, or place in a drop box either at the DMV entrance on the south side of the county office building or by the employee entrance on the north side. A staff member will contact you by phone to process applications. Telephone interviews will be conducted for all public benefits programs and screenings/assessments related to applications for benefits.
• The First Presbyterian Church of Waterloo is continuing its Sunday services via its website. Visit www.waterloopresbyterian.com and select videos and the date you wish to watch.
• Postponed: Purple Heart Wall of Honor unveiling.
• Canceled: Danish Day Festival at Seneca Lake State Park, June 14. Info: (585) 586-9237.
• Canceled: Seneca County Fair, July 14-18.
• Canceled: St. Francis and St. Clare Parish Festival, more commonly known as the St. Mary's Festival, July 23-25. However, the festival raffle will go ahead as planned. Envelopes will be available at St. Mary's Church in Waterloo until June 6. All drawings will be held on Facebook Live. Staff is working remotely and will review messages left on parish answering machine. In the case of a pastoral emergency, contact the Rev. Jim at (315) 871-6196 or the Rev. Mike at (585) 208-2433. Visit www.sfscrcc.org or the parish’s Facebook page (St. Francis and St. Clare Roman Catholic Parish) to watch daily Mass. The parish’s Tuesday morning free pancake breakfasts are suspended until September. Info: (315) 539-8006.
• Closed: Cornell Cooperative Extension of Seneca County offices. Info: (315) 539-9251. All in-person meetings and programs are postponed or canceled until further notice. All 4-H Club meetings and events are postponed/canceled even if they are held outside of the office.
• Canceled: Worship services at all churches. The organist at United Methodist Church will play, using the church's outdoor chimes, from 10-10:15 a.m. Sundays.
• Closed: Clyde-Savannah Public Library. Info: (315) 923-7767.
• Closed: Clyde Grange.
• Wayne County Board of Elections is open by appointment only and accessible by email, telephone and/or USPS mail to serve registered voters and candidates for office. Info: co.wayne.ny.us/index.php/wayne-county-board-of-elections/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• There is limited access to Assemblyman Brian Manktelow’s district office in Lyons. Call or email ahead of time: email@example.com or (315) 946-5166.
• Canceled: Wayne County Nursing Home Foundation Car Show, June 20.
• Canceled: Erie Canalway Cruises and Fun on the Erie Weekend, Aug. 21-23.
• Canceled: The First Presbyterian Church of Lyons’ worship services and choir rehearsals.
• Closed: The Museum of Wayne County History. Info: waynehistory.org.
• Rochester Regional Health has extended enhanced visitor restrictions and visitor screenings to all RRH facilities, including all RRH hospitals and long-term care facilities within and outside of Monroe County, including Newark-Wayne Community Hospital. Info: rochesterregional.org/coronavirus-covid19.
• Anyone in need of child care can contact Child Care Council, a nonprofit that connects families with quality childcare, for a free referral to a childcare program. Info: (315) 331-5443.
• Postponed: Family Promise of Wayne County's Bed Bash Event in Newark Central Park. Info: (315) 447-0276.
• Postponed: Newark First United Methodist Church Caring and Sharing support group on Thursdays. Info: (315) 331-3895 or newarkfirstumc.org.
• Closed: Newark-Arcadia Historical Society museum. Info: newarkarcadiamuseum.org, on Facebook or (315) 331-6409.
• Closed: Newark Public Library. The library will bring roving WiFi to the following locations: Newark High-rise, 10 a.m. to noon Mondays; Windsong Terrace, 1-3 p.m. Wednesdays; Driving Park Circle, 4-6 p.m. Fridays. Info: (315) 331-4370 or newarklibrary.org.
• Canceled: Wayne County Fair, Aug. 10-15.
• Canceled: Palmyra Canaltown Days, Sept. 26-27.
• Closed: Historic Palmyra Museums. Info: (315) 597-6981 or historicpalmyrany.com.
• Closed: Rose Free Library. Info: (315) 587-2335.
• Closed: Montezuma Audubon Center. Trails remain open daily from dawn to dusk with appropriate measures to protect the health of visitors. All events and programs, including in-person camps, are canceled through June 30. Updates: https://ny.audubon.org/montezuma or (315) 365-3588, ext. 200.
• The deadline to pay June 2020 village tax bills that were mailed last week has been extended. Village residents may pay those bills by July 21 without late fees or penalties.
• The Sodus Farmers’ Market on Belden Avenue will open July 8 and continued until Oct. 7. The market will be open 2:30-6 p.m. Entertainment, food sampling and special wellness crowd-drawing events will not be held. Patrons are asked to do their shopping and exit. See www.facebook.com.SodusFarmersMarket/ for futher restrictions that will be in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Reliant Credit Union is offering drive-thru service only. Lobbies in all branches are closed. Drive-thru at all traditional branches will be open extended hours, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. In-store branches (within Walmart Supercenter stores) are closed. To schedule in-person appointments, call (800) 724-9282. Info: reliantcu.com.
• Canceled: Harvest Fest, Sept. 26. Info: (315) 576-3818.
• Canceled: Sodus Bay Sportsman’s Club events.
• Closed: Sodus Chamber of Commerce. Info: (315) 576-3818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Closed: Sodus Library. The Friends of the Library paperback sale in mid-June is canceled. Info: (315) 483-9292.
• Village offices are open. Counters and door handles are sanitized frequently. Info: (315) 483-9881, Dave McDowell at email@example.com, Tracy Durham at firstname.lastname@example.org, Melanie Debadts at email@example.com, or Kevin Druschel at CEO@soduspoint.info.
• Canceled: Sodus Point Fire Department's Mother's Day chicken barbecue. Pot of Gold steak dinner rescheduled to Sept. 26. Info: (315) 576-6651.
• The Windmill Farm and Craft Market has opened for the season. It’s open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. every Saturday through Nov. 28. It’s also open Labor Day, Columbus Day and Nov. 27. Masks must be worn inside all buildings, and when interacting with outdoor vendors. Info: www.facebook.com/thewindmillfarmandcraftmarket/.
• Canceled: Glorious Garlic Festival at Fox Run Vineyards, Aug. 1-2, and Town Pants concert, July 30. Info: (315) 536-4616.
• Canceled: Finger Lakes Chamber Music Festival, July 26.
• Closed: Esperanza Mansion.
• Delayed: The seasonal opening of the Robert Green Ingersoll Birthplace Museum, until further notice.
• Postponed: Keuka College Commencement ceremony.
• Suspended: All in-person visitations to the Yates County Jail.
• Canceled: Keuka Arts Festival, June 13-14.
• Canceled: Cruisin' Night, June 19.
• Canceled: Yates Concert Series Wednesday night lawn concert series, June 24 to Aug. 12.
• Canceled: Yates County Fair, July 7-11.
• Canceled: Finger Lakes Chamber Music Festival, July 15.
• Closed: Yates County Office Building, to the general public. All departments, except for Historian’s office, remain open, by appointment only. Call ahead. For numbers, go to yatescounty.org. Make deliveries at the Courthouse foyer.
• Closed: Yates County Chamber of Commerce. Staffers are working from home. Voicemail will be checked regularly at (315) 260-0034. Email Information Specialist Jay Vollmer at firstname.lastname@example.org, Director of Member Services Jody Tyler at email@example.com, Director of Marketing Chelsea Guererri at firstname.lastname@example.org, or President & CEO Jessica Bacher at email@example.com.
• Closed: Penn Yan Public Library. Library's high-speed WiFi remains free and available for public use; exercise proper social distancing when outside the library. Info: pypl.org or (315) 536-6114.
• Closed: Our Lady of the Lakes Roman Catholic Parish Center.
• Closed: The Yates History Center.
• Closed: Pro Action of Steuben and Yates Inc. offices and agency locations, with the exception of Women, Infant and Children Clinics. Services available by phone or electronically. In-person appointments can be arranged as needed by calling General Services at (607) 776-2125, Child Care Aware of Steuben & Schuyler at (607) 776-2126, Women, Infants and Children at (607) 776-1151, ext. 220, and Yates County Office for the Aging at (315) 536-5515.
• Early shopping hours: Retailers are being urged to provide a dedicated hour of shopping for seniors and other vulnerable people, such as pregnant women. Dollar General stores are dedicating the first hour to at-risk customers and closing an hour early so staff can restock and sanitize surfaces. Info: dollargeneral.com. Bostrom Farms is opening at 8 a.m. Tuesday to Saturday.
• Zoom, a teleconferencing solution, is providing free services to teachers. Students or teachers who fill out an online form using their school email addresses and are then verified by Zoom, will have any accounts associated with that school’s domain gain unlimited temporary meeting minutes. Info: https://bit.ly/2vy1E5J.
• Regional Transit Service has shifted to a Dial-A-Ride service. To schedule a ride or find our more, call (585) 394-2250 in Ontario County, (315) 539-1844 in Seneca County, or (315) 946-5617 in Wayne County. Info: https://www.myrts.com.
• Ithaca Neighborhood Housing Services has launched a COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program. It will provide rent relief for about 250 households across four counties, including Seneca County. The program is designed to provide up to three months’ relief to eligible households experiencing a loss of income related to the public health crisis. To be eligible for assistance, renters will need the property owner’s approval to participate in the program, and property must meet condition requirements. Applicants must also provide a copy of their current lease, copies of most recent two months of statements for all bank and/or investments accounts, and proof of COVID-19 related income loss. Find applications and additional information can be found on the INHS website at ithacanhs.org/rentalassistance.
• Empire Access has extended its offer of free internet service to families with students who do not currently have internet at home through June 30. Households with K-12 and/or college students can sign up for two months of free Empire Access Internet service with WiFi. There are no contracts required for this service, and installation is free. To sign up, families can call (844) 502-7089. The Empire Access call center is open 24/7. This service includes Empire Access standard internet speeds and is available only in existing Empire Access service areas, including Canandaigua, Geneva and Penn Yan. After two months of free service, standard rates will apply. Info: empireaccess.com.
• Ontario & Trumansburg Telephone Cos. is providing free internet and expedited installation to households with K-12 and/or college students, for two months. There are no contracts required. This is for new customers only. Info: http://ottctel.com/.
• Community Bank has closed all branch lobbies and is operating solely through available drive-thrus. Branches without drive-thru capabilities will close temporarily. All branch lobbies will be available by appointment only. Lobby appointments can be made by calling the branch or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. ATMs and secure night depositories remain available. Customer service is available from 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. weekdays at 1-866-764-8638.
• CountryMax stores are open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Saturday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays at the Palmyra, Seneca Falls, Victor and Macedon locations. At-home delivery or “buy online, pickup in-store” options available at countrymax.com.
• Postponed: Red Cross public events. The Red Cross is facing a severe blood shortage. Healthy, eligible individuals are urged to make an appointment to donate as soon as possible by using the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting redcrossblood.org, or calling 1-800-REDCROSS.
• Suspended: AAA WCNY’s defensive driving/driver improvement program and 5-hour pre-licensing classes. Look for online driver education courses at nyaaa.com.
• Canceled: Boomers of the Finger Lakes, all meetings/gatherings. Info: meetup.com/boomers-of-the-finger-lakes or call Kathy at (585) 398-3542.
• Canceled: All AARP Smart Driving courses.
• Canceled: Seneca Lake Wine Trail events. The Smokin’ Summer Kickoff, June 12-14, remains on the schedule as of now.
• Closed: All winery tasting rooms, per state restrictions. Wineries may still sell and ship wine, or offer it as “take-out.” Some are offering delivery, within reason. Contact your favorite winery for details.
• Closed: Access to CFCU Community Credit Union branch lobbies. Drive-thru and call center hours will be 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays and 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays. Drive-thru services extended to include loan and credit card payments, official checks, and instant issues of lost, stolen or new credit and debit cards.
NEW YORK STATE
• School budget adoption and board elections were rescheduled for June 9. All voting will be done through the mail. All village elections were rescheduled for Sept. 15.
• A federal judge has ordered that the state's presidential primary elections must proceed as scheduled June 23.
• The special enrollment period for health insurance has been extended to June 15. Eligible, uninsured individuals and their families can enroll in a qualified health plan for coverage, beginning on either June 1 or July 1. In addition, individuals who are eligible for other NY State of Health programs like Medicaid, Essential Plan and Child Health Plus can enroll at any time.
• Postponed: New York State Department of Environmental Conservation examinations to practice the sport of falconry, become a wildlife rehabilitator, or use leashed tracking dogs to find wounded or injured big game animals. Rescheduled for Aug. 14 at DEC regional offices. Email SpecialLicenses@dec.ny.gov to find out more.
• Canceled: Girl Scouts of NYPENN Pathways and Girl Scouts of Western New York overnight and day camps for the summer. Info: NYPENN Council at 1-855-213-8555 or email@example.com, or the Western New York Council at 1-888-837-6410 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Closed: All schools, for the remainder of the 2019-20 academic year.
• Closed: Workers’ Comp Board locations. The Board will conduct workers’ compensation hearings remotely, using the Board’s Virtual Hearings service. Info: www.wcb.ny.gov/virtual-hearings/. Injured workers can choose to appear by phone by calling (844) 337-6301. For unrepresented injured workers unable to participate in a hearing, it will be rescheduled. Info: (877) 632-4996.
• Closed: All state Department of Motor Vehicles offices. All in-person reservations, road tests, and salvage vehicle appointments are canceled. All DMV-related transactions should be completed online. Info: dmv.ny.gov.
• Closed: AAA Western and Central New York AAA Travel & Insurance Centers to walk-in traffic. This does not impact emergency road service, which will continue to service the public with safety protocols in place. Info: (800) 836-2582 or AAA.com.
• Canceled: The city's downtown summer events, including weekly Music on the Mall concerts, Sizzlin’ Summer Kick-Off, Founder’s Day and Tomatofest.
• Closed: Schweinfurth Art Center. Quilting by the Lake program in July is canceled. Many of the workshops have been rescheduled for two-, three-, and five-day classes from Oct. 13-30. Info/membership: email@example.com, Quilting by the Lake at firstname.lastname@example.org. Info: myartcenter.org.
• Closed: Auburn Public Theater.
• Closed: The Ward W. O’Hara Agricultural & Country Living Museum / Dr. Joseph F. Karpinski Sr. Educational Center. Info: (315) 252-7644 or wardwoharaagriculturalmuseum.org.
• Bass Pro Shops at Fingerlakes Mall is open for curbside pickup from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. BPS' Tracker Boats Service Department is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Visit BassPro.com to place an order, or to get more details. The Great Outdoors RV Superstore has reopened its showroom in the Fingerlakes Mall by appointment. Call (315) 695-1120 to schedule an appointment. The showroom's hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Info: GreatOutdoorsRV.com.
• Postponed: Wells College Commencement ceremony. Rescheduled for Aug. 8.
• Closed: Finger Lakes National Forest office. Info: (607) 546-4470 or www.fs.usda.gov/main/gmfl/home.
• Schuyler Hospital walk-in clinic is closed Saturdays until further notice. Weekday hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Info: (607) 535-7154 or email@example.com.
• Canceled: Finger Lakes Cheese Festival, July 15.
• Canceled: Finger Lakes GrassRoots Festival of Music & Dance, July 16-19, and Culture Camp, July 12-15. Next festival is July 22-25, 2021, and next Culture Camp is July 18-21, 2021.
• Canceled: Watkins Glen Waterfront Festival, June 20.
• Canceled: Finger Lakes Wine Festival, July 10-12.
• Visitor restrictions are in place at Cayuga Medical Center’s hospital and offsite facilities.
• Postponed: Cornell University’s Department of Music concert featuring A.D. White Professor-at-Large Wynton Marsalis will be rescheduled for the fall semester.
• Postponed: All artistic programming scheduled for the summer at the Hangar Theatre in Ithaca has been replaced with new, virtual experiences. Info: hangartheatre.org, (607) 273-8588, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Postponed: All State Theatre of Ithaca performances. If you are not able to make a rescheduled event, full refunds will be provided. Info: (607) 277-8283. To purchase a gift card, prepay for concessions, or donate, visit stateofithaca.com.
• Postponed: Cayuga Chamber Orchestra concert at First Baptist Church. Info: Cayuga Chamber Orchestra at (607) 273-8981 or info@CCOithaca.org.
• Canceled: Kitchen Theatre Company performances, through June 30. Ticket holders will automatically receive a credit. Proceeds from all ticket donations will support Kitchen Theatre programs and artists, including those affected by the show’s cancellation. Those requesting refunds will get them. Info: email@example.com or (607) 272-0570. Updates: kitchentheatre.org.
• Closed: The Paleontological Research Institution’s Museum of the Earth and the Cayuga Nature Center. Cayuga Nature Center trails will be open during normal hours, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday-Monday. The trails at Smith Woods in Trumansburg also will remain open. Info: priweb.org.
• Closed: Ithaca Children’s Garden. Info: ithacachildrensgarden.org.
• Closed: Downtown Ithaca Alliance office. Info: (607) 277-8679 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Canceled: The Genesee Country Village & Museum's Celtic Faire (June 13-14) and 1812 (June 20-21) weekends, along with the Civil War Reenactment and Encampment (July 18-19). Kids Free Days from June 27 to July 3 are postponed. The museum is closed until further notice. Info: (585) 294-8218 or gcv.org.
• Canceled: All remaining Nazareth College Arts Center events, Art and Design Department Gallery exhibitions, and School of Music concerts and recitals. Arts Center's 2020-21 season announcement postponed. Box office and phone transactions suspended. Info: email@example.com or (585) 389-2172.
• Postponed: CGI Rochester International Jazz Festival, June 19-27. Rescheduled for Oct. 2-10.
• Postponed: Tour de Cure, June 13. Rescheduled for Oct. 3.
• Suspended: Diocese of Rochester's public Masses. Updates: dor.org or (585) 328-3210.
• Canceled: Rochester Broadway Theatre League performances. Walk-up service at the box office is temporarily suspended. Info: (585) 222-5000 between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays. Tickets may still be purchased through Ticketmaster.com.
• Canceled: Hochstein School concerts, meetings and classes. Info: hochstein.org and on Facebook.
• Canceled: The remainder of the Rochester Oratorio Society's 2019-20 season.
• Closed: Rochester Museum and Science Center. Vanishing Sun, Impressions of the Infinite Concerts at the Strasenburgh Planetarium is postponed.
• Closed: George Eastman House. The Nitrate Picture Show scheduled for June 4-7 has been rescheduled for June 3-6, 2021.
• Closed: Geva Theatre Center. The Curtain Call Virtual Gala scheduled for June 5 has been postponed. Info: GevaTheatre.org.
• Postponed: Alfred State College Commencement ceremony. It has been rescheduled as a virtual ceremony for June 20.