WATERLOO — Arc of Seneca Cayuga honored 57 employees, consumers and volunteers at its annual meeting at the Hilton Garden Inn in Auburn.
Six people who receive services through Arc were recognized as “Shining Stars” for meeting challenges and reaching goals. Tony Edwards, Kelly French, Joshua Hart, Jill Levek, Steve Martin and Laci Sanderson were recognized for making significant strides toward becoming more independent and securing gainful employment.
• Walmarts in Auburn, Geneva and Seneca Falls were named Employers of the Year for consistently ensuring gainful employment for people with disabilities.
• Tom Kime of Fayette received the Community Partnership of the Year Award for his years in support of the individuals, staff and agency of Arc of Seneca Cayuga.
• Michael Oliver received the Volunteer of the Year Award for his commitment to the agency, specifically the time he has volunteered to the Beverly Animal Shelter, It’s a Wonderful Life Museum, Memorial Day weekend, T-ball tournament, the Arc golf tournament fundraiser, and the Arctic Gear manufacturing facility.
• Bryant Carnicelli was awarded the Paula S. James Memorial Award given to an employee who consistently demonstrates a commitment to his job and the agency. Carnicelli is a medical liaison.
In addition, Arc of Seneca Cayuga staffers were honored for longevity:
• 40 years: Laurel Vargason
• 35 years: Alice Buzalko
• 30 years: Anthony Gasteiger, Frederick Mattoon, Joanne Moore and Michele Vangiesen.
• 25 years: Karen Berry, Beth Gravite, Theresa Norcott and Lori Priebsch.
• 20 years: Michelle Decker, Traci Fitch, Susan Hesse, Teresa DeJohn and Krista Howard-Vice.
• 15 years: Pamela Byrne, Shelly DeSanto, Christina Dressing, Billi Jo Gates, Loren Littlejohn and Betty Manno.
• 10 years: Pamela Best, Bryant Carnicelli, Carrie Fischer, Kathryn Gephart, Elissa Gray, Corina Griffin, Margaret Parrow, Catherine Smith, Christian Soto-Velez, Angel Stedge and R. Todd Strickland.
• Five Years: Gloria Akins, Brandy Borza, Courtney Carter, Diana Caughey, Judith Chilson, Robert DeMaria, Marion Edwards, Michael Exner, Emily Jones, Kelly Liddle, Amy Maergensey, Sarena McCurdy, Todd Munson, Jennifer Roden, Samantha Stevenson and Melissa Whitelaw.