SENECA FALLS — The Board of Education will conduct its annual organizational meeting and a regular meeting at 6 p.m. Thursday in the Middle School library.
The organizational meeting will be conducted first and will see the nine-member board elect two of their members as president and vice president for the 2017-18 school year.
That will be followed by a host of annual appointments and designations, including recommendations to name the Harris Beach law firm as school legal counsel on an hourly fee basis and Lifecare Medical Associates as school physicians for $36,750.
Fall varsity sports coaching appointments are also on the agenda. They include: Joe Caraher, football; Chris Greer, cheerleading; Don Densmore, cross country; Lisa Anderson, boys soccer; Mel Morrin, girls soccer; Mike Marriam, girls tennis; Nicole Spitzer, girls volleyball; and Chris Seidel, golf.
The regular meeting agenda includes the recommended appointments of:
• Meghan Barbay of Seneca Falls to a four-year probationary appointment as reading teacher.
• Jessica Lorenzetti of Seneca Falls to a four-year probationary appointment as Spanish teacher.
• Amanda O’Neil of Seneca Falls to a four-year probationary appointment as elementary teacher.
• Matthew Bienvenue of Geneva to a four-year probationary appointment as social studies teacher.
• Amy Beaudin of Moravia to a four-year probationary appointment as special education teacher.
The board will conduct a public hearing on the 2017-18 student code of conduct and then consider adopting the code later in the meeting.