CANANDAIGUA — Finger Lakes Visitors Connection, the official tourism office for Ontario County, has released a new wellness guide.
The Finger Lakes Wellness Guide and Map gives visitors many options to care for themselves physically, psychologically and mentally — all while experiencing Ontario County. It was created to highlight spots in the county conducive to a wellness activity.
The full-color guide is broken down into six categories: Active Living, Relaxed Living, Mindful Health, Farm Life, Parks and Playgrounds, and Scenic Spots. It showcases a map of Ontario County with nearly 60 spots showing various wellness activities.
“More consumers seek experiential travel with the idea of returning home a better, more aware person. In response, we’ve developed a piece that focuses on traveling with wellness in mind, allowing visitors to return home from their Ontario County trip feeling relaxed, rested and rejuvenated,” said Valerie Knoblauch, president and CEO of the Finger Lakes Visitors Connection. “Most of these spots have been tried and true Ontario County wellness gems for many years — now we have them all listed in one place for the traveler, as well as for locals. We’re sure you’ll uncover something wonderful here.”
• Active Living options that feature a variety of heart-pumping activities, no matter what the season.
• Relaxed Living activities that highlight Finger Lakes options that give you the chance to center yourself and discover some “me” time.
• Parks and Playgrounds include favorite go-to spots for kids and parents.
• Picture This — looking for your next photo op? Get picture-perfect memories by visiting top scenic spots.
• Mindful Health options include ideas that expand your mind and an experience to enrich your soul.
• Farm Life activities include visits to local farms and markets.
Knoblauch said the idea for the piece had been in the works for some time, but when Steve Howie — owner of Canandaigua Sailboarding — approached her about putting together a formal wellness piece, she agreed it made sense.
“Steve has been an innovative entrepreneur and excellent partner to us over the years, so when he said he thought our Finger Lakes visitors would appreciate all of our wellness offerings together in one handy place, I knew it was a great idea,” Knoblauch said.
The guide and map can be ordered from the Finger Lakes Visitors Connection website (visitfingerlakes.com), by calling (585) 394-3915 or emailing email@example.com. People can also stop by the Visitors Connection office at 25 Gorham St. in Canandaigua for a copy.
A digital and interactive version can be downloaded at visitfingerlakes.com/wellness.